Wednesday 10 February 2010

Random Rants and A Child Spooked

Not a good night on the footy front, especially if you are a Spurs fan (guilty) and have recently taken over as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion in the highly addictive online Soccer Manager game (yep, that'll be me too)

Spurs are mediocre once more - all the promise of the early season seems like an eternity ago as they go down 0-1 to Wolves for the second time in a couple of months.

As for Virtual Brighton, it's now three games in charge and three losses, despite having snapped up Keiran Dyer and Stephen Carr (come on they're not that old) as free agents.

Just putting my head round the door tonight really - I have loads of blogs in progress but nothing else ready. And there are distractions too; Soccer Manager for a start, plus I am renewing my acquaintance after a lengthy break with the good people on the boards at Vault Of Evil, an excellent site devoted to ghost and horror fiction, movies and TV, past and present. It's especially good on books and there are many like minded souls on there happy to chat away about anything from classic B&W Brit Sci-Fi to what was the scariest thing you saw on telly as a kid. Which leads me to this, my main entry for today, and I'm going to cheat by copying here a little thing I wrote on Vault yesterday; The most scared I have been by anything on TV ever was a public information film from the mid 70s for the 'Keep Matches Away From Children' campaign. What made matters worse it was shown on ITV during ad breaks so there was no "there now follows a public information film" warning to give me time to leg it outof the room. I was cheerfully drinking a cocoa and watching 'Within These Walls' one Saturday night in '75, when suddenly this came along and ruined my childhood!

I was only 10 at the time, and I certainly learned my lesson; after seeing this I made sure that from then on I always lit my crack pipe from the gas stove.............

Here is a link (make sure you have the sound up too)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2I6qF6Tz_k

but if that doesn't work then go onto you tube and search 'Keep Matches Away From Children'

This still scares the shit out of me now - especially the wardrobe bit at the end........................................................



More to follow

Col

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading that and you said that it was going to be rubbish, i really want to see this but will it scare me, well we have to wait and see ...... love you hayley x

    ReplyDelete